MBNA Rewards Platinum Plus® Mastercard®
- Earn 4 points†† for every $1 spent on eligible restaurant, grocery, digital media, membership and household utility purchases during the first 90 days, and 2 points‡ for every $1 spent on eligible purchases in those categories thereafter – in both cases, these earn rates apply until $10,000 is spent annually in the applicable category. 1 point‡ for every $1 spent on all other eligible purchases
- 5,000 bonus points†† ($25 in cash back value) after you make $500 or more in eligible purchases within the first 90 days of your account opening
- 5,000 bonus points††($25 in cash back value) once enrolled for paperless e-statements within the first 90 days of account opening
- Each year, you will receive Birthday Bonus Points‡ equal to 10% of the total number of Points earned in the 12 months before the month of your birthday, to a maximum Birthday Bonus each year of 10,000 Points
- Redeem points‡ for cash back, brand-name merchandise, gift cards from participating retailers, charitable donations, and travel.
- Standard Annual Interest Rates of 19.99% on purchases, 22.99% on balance transfers✪ and 24.99% on cash advances
- Mobile Device Insurance*** With Mobile Device Insurance, you’ve got up to $1,000 in coverage for eligible mobile devices in the event of loss, theft, accidental damage or mechanical breakdown
- No annual fee
- Sponsored advertising. MBNA is a division of The Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD) and TD is not responsible for the contents of this site including any editorials or reviews that may appear on this site. For complete information on this MBNA credit card, please click on the "Apply Now" button.
‡ These are highlights of the credit card rewards program (the "Program") associated with this credit card account. Points will be awarded on eligible transactions charged to your account as set out in the Program terms and conditions. The account will earn two (2) points per dollar spent on eligible restaurant, grocery, digital media, membership, and household utility purchases until you spend $10,000 annually (per calendar year) in the applicable category. Other eligible purchases will earn a Base Earn Rate of one (1) point per dollar. Each year, the account will receive Birthday Bonus Points equal to 10% of the total number of Points the account earned in the 12 months before the month of the primary cardholder's birthday, to a maximum Birthday Bonus each year of 10,000 Points. The Birthday Bonus Points will be added to the account before the end of the primary cardholder's birthday month. The redemption rate for Points earned may differ depending on the redemption option chosen. Complete terms and conditions describing Program eligibility, accrual, earn limits, and redemption of Points, and other important conditions will be sent after your account is opened. Please read the terms and conditions carefully upon receipt.
†† To qualify for this offer, an applicant must be approved for the specific credit card account described in the offer. Welcome bonus of 5,000 points will be awarded if $500 in eligible Purchases are made on your Account within the first 90 days of account opening that are not subsequently rescinded, the subject of a charge back request(s) or otherwise disputed. In order to obtain a "Paperless Bonus" of 5,000 bonus points, you must enroll in online banking at www.mbna.ca and consent to Paperless Statements for the account within the first 90 days of account opening, and not subsequently rescind such enrollment throughout this period. For the double the points on restaurant, grocery, digital media, membership, and household utility Purchases offer, for the first 90 days after account opening you will earn an additional 2 points/$1 spent on eligible restaurant, grocery, digital media, membership, and household utility purchases (on top of the regular earn rate of 2 points/$1 spent on such purchases as indicated in the Program terms and conditions), subject to a maximum annual cap of $10,000 in each category. Please allow 8-10 weeks for the applicable bonus points to be posted to your points account. Limit one-time bonus point offer (no cash value) per new account for each bonus point offer. This offer is not available to residents of Quebec. This promotion is offered by MBNA and may be amended or cancelled at any time without notice.
✪ Balance transfers will be fulfilled in the order listed and are treated as balance transfers in accordance with your Account Agreement. The total value of balance transfers cannot exceed your authorized credit limit. If the value is greater, MBNA may send a partial payment to the named creditor/designated account. THERE WILL BE A TRANSACTION FEE EQUAL TO 1.00 % OF THE DOLLAR AMOUNT OF EACH BALANCE TRANSFER INITIATED WITH THIS APPLICATION. A MINIMUM FEE OF $7.50 WILL APPLY TO EACH BALANCE TRANSFER TRANSACTION. A balance transfer may not be used to pay off or down your account balance or any other balances with us (including our affiliates, which would include any member of the TD Bank Group).
***Insurance coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida (ABIC) under Group Policy MBNA-0620. To be eligible for Mobile Device Insurance you must use your Account to pay all of your monthly mobile bill payments and any upfront costs or pay at least 75% of the purchase price with your Account when paying the full cost of your mobile device up front. Benefits, features and coverages are subject to conditions, limitations and exclusions that are fully described in the Certificates of Insurance included with your Guide to Coverage. ABIC, its subsidiaries, and affiliates carry on business in Canada under the name of Assurant®. ®Assurant is a registered trademark of Assurant, Inc.
The Toronto-Dominion Bank is the issuer of this credit card. MBNA is a division of The Toronto-Dominion Bank.
Purchase APR: 19.99%
Balance Transfer APR: 22.99%
Cash Advance APR: 24.99%
- Excellent bonus points offer
- No annual fee rewards card
- Not a low rate card
Earn 4 points†† for every $1 spent on eligible restaurant, grocery, digital media, membership and household utility purchases during the first 90 days, and 2 points‡ for every $1 spent on eligible purchases in those categories thereafter – in both cases, these earn rates apply until $10,000 is spent annually in the applicable category. 1 point‡ for every $1 spent on all other eligible purchases
Reward Earnings Rate
Up to 2 points per $1 spent
Balance Transfer Fee: 1% of amount advanced (minimum fee $7.50)