When we think of hobbies, we often think of money pits. After all, a hobby is something you do for fun, and fun rarely pays the bills. However, there are some hobbies, that surprisingly, can pay for themselves — and even make you money. If you are looking for a new hobby, don’t pick up [...]
One of the debates circulating around the Internet recently is that of the importance of a six-figure income. Six-figures doesn’t seem like such a big deal anymore — at least if the income is in the lower six-figures. There are two opposing reasons that six-figures might not matter anymore: It’s just not that much money [...]
There’s nothing wrong with having a hobby that can provide you with something enjoyable to do with your time. However, you do need to be careful. If you are spending a lot of money on your hobby, it could easily lead to debt. When you engage in a hobby, it is a good idea to [...]
Over the past 11 months, the Bank of Canada has been rolling out new money. Instead of paper money, Canadians are beginning to use polymer money. The new money is supposed to last twice as long as the previous bills, and be much harder to counterfeit. So far, the roll out has been gradual, starting [...]
One of the best things you can do for your finances is to create a financial plan. The right financial plan can provide you with a roadmap to financial freedom. Many view creating a financial plan as a daunting task. However, it doesn’t have to be a big deal. Use the following steps to create [...]
This is a guest post offering some basic tips about savvy credit card use from the folks at We Know Money. http://www.creditcards.co.uk/help-and-advice/ Here are ten tips to manage your money better using this credit card cheatsheet. If you are looking for more details on using credit cards effectively, you can get much more advice and [...]
One of the mantras of our society is that, if you want success in your career and life, you need to attend university and graduate with a degree. However, as recent student demonstrations underscore, the cost of a higher education is on the rise. It’s difficult to get excited about attending university when you know [...]
One of the smartest things you can do for your child’s future is to save up for college. The cost of college continues to rise, so it makes sense to prepare as much as you can ahead of time. One of the best ways for Canadians to get ready for the cost of college is [...]
It seems as though tax season just ended, but it’s never to late to start thinking about next year. In fact, you will have an easier time of it if you prepare all year for your taxes. One of the best ways to prepare for your taxes as a small business is to keep track [...]
Unfortunately, no matter how vigilant you are, there is always the chance that you will be taken in by a telephone scam. While many of us are well-guarded against concerns related to email phishing, there are still opportunities for many to engage in identity theft using your personal information. And, if you aren’t careful, you [...]
- Consumer Debt At All Time High November 29, 2012
- When in Doubt, Use Your Credit Card November 26, 2012
- Christmas Becomes A High-Tech Holiday November 20, 2012
- Customized Rewards with the New American Express Choice Cards November 15, 2012
- Credit Education – Start With the Basics October 8, 2012
- Win a Free Sony Reader WiFi February 21, 2012
- SonyCard Promo: Free Sony Reader WiFi February 15, 2012
- Debit Cards Are No Replacement for Credit Cards November 9, 2010
- Top 10 Credit Card Myths Dispelled [Infographic] May 27, 2011
- The House That Credit Card Rewards Built [Infographic] January 10, 2012
- Bryan Jaskolka: Such a timely article, with Financial Literacy Mon...
- sherry: I think its should be ok The statement about naked...
- Whitney: I like #4. Sticking to the plan is the whole poin...
- Rich@MoneyWisePastor.com: It's never been easier or cheaper to start your ow...
- Janet Hutchins: I think many consumers are understanding when they...