With Christmas just around the corner it’s hard to think about setting budgets and saving money, especially when we are bombarded during the holiday season with advertisements trying to get us to spend it all on the latest gadgets and super sales. But, we may need to seriously think about our financial future right now [...]
Many people look at what’s happening across the Atlantic and wonder why eurozone troubles would bother the rest of the world. While it seems as though Canada should be fine without worrying about the eurozone, though, the global markets don’t work like that. This morning, as the eurozone bailout plan began to fall apart, the [...]
Right now, there is a lot of interest in balance transfers. A balance transfer can help you save money on your debt. If you are trying to pay down your debt, a balance transfer might be the best option. A lower interest rate will allow you to make larger payments on your principal, which means [...]
The Canadian economy was not hit as hard as the U.S. economy by the financial crisis and global economic slowdown. As a result of that, the Bank of Canada has been adopting a policy that is more focused on keeping inflation under control as the economy grows. One of the ways this is accomplished is [...]
When trying to choose the best Canadian credit card for you, it is important to look at the different aspects of the credit card, and decide what will work best for you. In some cases, it is tempting to look for the lowest interest rate. However, this isn’t always the most important consideration. Some things, [...]
Credit card debt can be devastating. It represents a drain on your discretionary spending, limiting your ability to do what you want with your own money. However, paying down credit card debt can be a daunting task. The important thing, though, is to get started. Start out by making a list of all of your [...]
Are you in the process of planning a wedding? It’s an exciting time — and an expensive time. Purchases made, from food to the cake to flowers to the dress start to add up quickly. Indeed, many people end up borrowing at least a little bit of money to fund their weddings. And you can’t [...]
- Consumer Debt At All Time High November 29, 2012
- When in Doubt, Use Your Credit Card November 26, 2012
- Christmas Becomes A High-Tech Holiday November 20, 2012
- Customized Rewards with the New American Express Choice Cards November 15, 2012
- Credit Education – Start With the Basics October 8, 2012
- Win a Free Sony Reader WiFi February 21, 2012
- SonyCard Promo: Free Sony Reader WiFi February 15, 2012
- Debit Cards Are No Replacement for Credit Cards November 9, 2010
- Top 10 Credit Card Myths Dispelled [Infographic] May 27, 2011
- The House That Credit Card Rewards Built [Infographic] January 10, 2012
- Bryan Jaskolka: Such a timely article, with Financial Literacy Mon...
- sherry: I think its should be ok The statement about naked...
- Whitney: I like #4. Sticking to the plan is the whole poin...
- Rich@MoneyWisePastor.com: It's never been easier or cheaper to start your ow...
- Janet Hutchins: I think many consumers are understanding when they...