When we think of hobbies, we often think of money pits. After all, a hobby is something you do for fun, and fun rarely pays the bills. However, there are some hobbies, that surprisingly, can pay for themselves — and even make you money. If you are looking for a new hobby, don’t pick up [...]
One of the debates circulating around the Internet recently is that of the importance of a six-figure income. Six-figures doesn’t seem like such a big deal anymore — at least if the income is in the lower six-figures. There are two opposing reasons that six-figures might not matter anymore: It’s just not that much money [...]
This is a guest post offering some basic tips about savvy credit card use from the folks at We Know Money. http://www.creditcards.co.uk/help-and-advice/ Here are ten tips to manage your money better using this credit card cheatsheet. If you are looking for more details on using credit cards effectively, you can get much more advice and [...]
One of the mantras of our society is that, if you want success in your career and life, you need to attend university and graduate with a degree. However, as recent student demonstrations underscore, the cost of a higher education is on the rise. It’s difficult to get excited about attending university when you know [...]
One of the smartest things you can do for your child’s future is to save up for college. The cost of college continues to rise, so it makes sense to prepare as much as you can ahead of time. One of the best ways for Canadians to get ready for the cost of college is [...]
Unfortunately, no matter how vigilant you are, there is always the chance that you will be taken in by a telephone scam. While many of us are well-guarded against concerns related to email phishing, there are still opportunities for many to engage in identity theft using your personal information. And, if you aren’t careful, you [...]
One of the essentials of successful finances is budgeting. Understanding the way that your money moves through your personal economy is a very important part of your financial well-being. The great news is that understanding your cash flow doesn’t have to be difficult. You can largely automate it when you use budgeting tools that allow you [...]
In an announcement that wasn’t too much of a surprise, considering the debate that has been surrounding it for the last few years, the Canadian government announced that it will be no longer minting pennies, starting this autumn. The move is meant to save money, and help prevent losses in the economy due to the [...]
Teaching your children about money can be a tricky proposition. After all, the concepts are often abstract, and can sometimes be boring. In order to help your children understand money, it can help to make it fun. One way to do that is to play games based on money with them. Money games can provide [...]
The Better Business Bureau is known for helping to protect consumers against shady companies. Additionally, the BBB shares information that can warn you about unethical practices, as well as outright scams. There are always those who want to part you from your hard-earned money. 2011 was a big year for scams, and there are likely [...]
- Consumer Debt At All Time High November 29, 2012
- When in Doubt, Use Your Credit Card November 26, 2012
- Christmas Becomes A High-Tech Holiday November 20, 2012
- Customized Rewards with the New American Express Choice Cards November 15, 2012
- Credit Education – Start With the Basics October 8, 2012
- Win a Free Sony Reader WiFi February 21, 2012
- SonyCard Promo: Free Sony Reader WiFi February 15, 2012
- Debit Cards Are No Replacement for Credit Cards November 9, 2010
- Top 10 Credit Card Myths Dispelled [Infographic] May 27, 2011
- The House That Credit Card Rewards Built [Infographic] January 10, 2012
- Bryan Jaskolka: Such a timely article, with Financial Literacy Mon...
- sherry: I think its should be ok The statement about naked...
- Whitney: I like #4. Sticking to the plan is the whole poin...
- Rich@MoneyWisePastor.com: It's never been easier or cheaper to start your ow...
- Janet Hutchins: I think many consumers are understanding when they...