We have a few dollars burning in our pockets, and we would like to give them to you. We have found an easy, simple, fun way to do this. We are Offering more than $500 in Prizes Earlier this year, Credit Cards Canada sponsored the first ever Personal Finance Guest Blogging Contest. We are a [...]
When most of us think of the cost of using credit cards, we think of annual fees, interest charges and over the limit costs. Few of us think about the costs that everyone pays when it comes to using credit cards. However, there is merit to the argument that the increase in credit card use [...]
Yesterday we delivered a brief to the Canadian Minister of Finance, Jim Flaherty, expressing our opinion that the penny ought to be abolished here in Canada. In December, the Senate Finance Committee decided to table a report about the penny and its decreasing value. Flaherty himself, according to CTV News, has called the penny a [...]
The recent recession has created quite a backlash against credit cards. Indeed, many people have decided to cut up their credit cards, and use only cash. But, since cash is often an inconvenience, many are turning to their debit cards. With the money coming immediately out of a bank account, rather than being borrowed, debit [...]
Anxious consumers will have to swipe their credit cards and debit cards a little longer, as both VISA and MasterCard have given retailers an extension to implement the “Chip and PIN” system that better protects against credit card fraud and identity theft. In 2008, debit card issuers in Canada began inserting smart chips in debit [...]
- Consumer Debt At All Time High November 29, 2012
- When in Doubt, Use Your Credit Card November 26, 2012
- Christmas Becomes A High-Tech Holiday November 20, 2012
- Customized Rewards with the New American Express Choice Cards November 15, 2012
- Credit Education – Start With the Basics October 8, 2012
- Win a Free Sony Reader WiFi February 21, 2012
- SonyCard Promo: Free Sony Reader WiFi February 15, 2012
- Debit Cards Are No Replacement for Credit Cards November 9, 2010
- Top 10 Credit Card Myths Dispelled [Infographic] May 27, 2011
- The House That Credit Card Rewards Built [Infographic] January 10, 2012
- Bryan Jaskolka: Such a timely article, with Financial Literacy Mon...
- sherry: I think its should be ok The statement about naked...
- Whitney: I like #4. Sticking to the plan is the whole poin...
- Rich@MoneyWisePastor.com: It's never been easier or cheaper to start your ow...
- Janet Hutchins: I think many consumers are understanding when they...