One of the debates circulating around the Internet recently is that of the importance of a six-figure income. Six-figures doesn’t seem like such a big deal anymore — at least if the income is in the lower six-figures. There are two opposing reasons that six-figures might not matter anymore: It’s just not that much money [...]
One of the best things you can do for your finances is to create a financial plan. The right financial plan can provide you with a roadmap to financial freedom. Many view creating a financial plan as a daunting task. However, it doesn’t have to be a big deal. Use the following steps to create [...]
The dream of working for yourself is a powerful one. The ability to be your own boss, set your own hours, and take vacations whenever you want offers a strong incentive to want to start a business. But what if you don’t have the money you need? The good news is that you can start [...]
What if your credit card issuer sent you an apology in the form of flowers if you were dissatisfied? What if, instead of treating you like a number, you felt as though you were treated like a friend? That’s philosophy behind Argentina’s Tarjeta Naranja, a local credit card on the verge of going international. According [...]
Summer is a great time to enjoy a family vacation. A road trip can be a great way to spend time together, and have a fun and interesting vacation. You can even stretch your vacation dollars with the right planning. Make credit cards a part of your vacation experience, and you can even enjoy great [...]
Many people find cash unwieldy. It’s bulky (especially coins), and it doesn’t come with good security. If someone steals your wallet, you can cancel the credit cards, and you won’t be liable for the fraudulent purchases, but the cash is gone — untraceable and never to be seen again. The charge toward a cashless society [...]
One of the best ways to save money as you work to pay down debt is to use a balance transfer. A balance transfer can help you put more money toward your debt’s principal, allowing you to pay less in interest. When you aren’t paying interest, your debt is reduced faster. There are a number [...]
It’s rare that you see a Canadian credit card with a 0% balance transfer offer. However, MBNA has a balance transfer card, and it’s a good deal — even by looser American standards. The Platinum Plus MasterCard from MBNA features a 0% APR for 10 months. That’s practically unheard of in Canada. If you are [...]
As expected, the Bank of Canada left its benchmark rate at 1% in its most recent announcement. However, following the decision, Mark Carney, the Governor of the BOC, made a rather upbeat statement about the Canadian economy — and the possibility of an interest rate hike. While Carney wouldn’t commit to a precise timeline, the [...]
When there is a problem with a product or service, our first instinct is to make a phone call, and get the problem fixed. Many of us just want to talk to someone immediately and receive a resolution to the issue. Unfortunately, picking up the phone and dialing immediately might not be the best idea [...]
- Consumer Debt At All Time High November 29, 2012
- When in Doubt, Use Your Credit Card November 26, 2012
- Christmas Becomes A High-Tech Holiday November 20, 2012
- Customized Rewards with the New American Express Choice Cards November 15, 2012
- Credit Education – Start With the Basics October 8, 2012
- Win a Free Sony Reader WiFi February 21, 2012
- SonyCard Promo: Free Sony Reader WiFi February 15, 2012
- Debit Cards Are No Replacement for Credit Cards November 9, 2010
- Top 10 Credit Card Myths Dispelled [Infographic] May 27, 2011
- The House That Credit Card Rewards Built [Infographic] January 10, 2012
- Bryan Jaskolka: Such a timely article, with Financial Literacy Mon...
- sherry: I think its should be ok The statement about naked...
- Whitney: I like #4. Sticking to the plan is the whole poin...
- Rich@MoneyWisePastor.com: It's never been easier or cheaper to start your ow...
- Janet Hutchins: I think many consumers are understanding when they...