We’ve all seen the devastating effects of the housing market bubble on the US economy. And, for years, we in Canada have kind of looked down on the United States for the loose lending standards and high level of household debt. However, Canadians may not have much to crow about soon. Canadians have surpassed Americans [...]
It’s true that the most important part of your credit score is your payment history. If you want to maintain a good score, you need to pay your bills on time, and in full. However, this doesn’t mean that you should overlook your credit utilization. Indeed, you want to make sure that you keep your [...]
Alaska may officially be part of the United States, but, geographically, it’s attached to Canada, and Alaska Airlines is a great air carrier that operates in Canada. If you like to fly Alaska Airlines, you can receive a number of benefits if you use the MasterCard branded by the air carrier. The Alaska Airlines MasterCard, [...]
If you’re being honest with yourself, it seems pretty obvious that credit cards often make it easy to spend without really thinking about what you’re doing. It’s so easy to just swipe your credit card and go on your way. When you have one of the best Canadian credit cards, you might not think about [...]
One of the most important things you can do for your personal finances is to pay attention to your credit. Indeed, your credit is becoming increasingly important to the way that financial service providers make decisions about you. Plus, keeping an eye on your credit might be even more important in the future — and [...]
It’s an exciting time! Back to school seems to bring with it a great sense of freedom, especially for college students. Students are heading away from home, living on their own, and starting life. College also represents that time that students are beginning to experience financial individuality — moving away from the financial habits of [...]
When it comes to paying down debt, you need a good strategy. Without a plan, your efforts to pay off debt can fall flat, and it can take quite a long time to realize your goal of getting rid of debt. One of the strategies that you can employ to pay off your debt is [...]
Some credit card issues, especially in the U.S., offer a special type of “insurance” meant to protect you in the even that you are unable to make the minimum payment on your credit card. The idea is that you pay a percentage of your credit card balance in “premiums” each month, and when a financial [...]
With back to school time coming up, it’s time to think about what students can do to improve their finances. One of the ways that you can do this is to view credit cards as valuable tools that can help you earn free stuff. As a student, free is good. One of the Canadian credit [...]
- Consumer Debt At All Time High November 29, 2012
- When in Doubt, Use Your Credit Card November 26, 2012
- Christmas Becomes A High-Tech Holiday November 20, 2012
- Customized Rewards with the New American Express Choice Cards November 15, 2012
- Credit Education – Start With the Basics October 8, 2012
- Win a Free Sony Reader WiFi February 21, 2012
- SonyCard Promo: Free Sony Reader WiFi February 15, 2012
- Debit Cards Are No Replacement for Credit Cards November 9, 2010
- Top 10 Credit Card Myths Dispelled [Infographic] May 27, 2011
- The House That Credit Card Rewards Built [Infographic] January 10, 2012
- Bryan Jaskolka: Such a timely article, with Financial Literacy Mon...
- sherry: I think its should be ok The statement about naked...
- Whitney: I like #4. Sticking to the plan is the whole poin...
- Rich@MoneyWisePastor.com: It's never been easier or cheaper to start your ow...
- Janet Hutchins: I think many consumers are understanding when they...