When it comes to debt reduction, you want to be at the top of your game. There are many different ideas when it comes to debt reduction, but the best thing to do is think cool. You don’t need a fancy strategy, and debt consolidation isn’t necessary. Instead, there are 3 methods of debt reduction, [...]
When many of us think of investments, we think of stocks and bonds, and other “traditional” investments. However, few of us think of paying down debt as an investment in future financial success. This is a mistake. One of the best things you can do for yourself is to pay down debt — especially high [...]
While many people think of Valentine’s Day as a day of love, this day doesn’t mean the same to everyone. And, indeed, many couples split during the weeks leading up to Valentine’s Day. If you are going through a split, it’s important to make sure you close join accounts — and accounts where your soon-to-be [...]
Do you want to get out of debt? What are you willing to do to dig yourself out of that hole? That’s a question that many have asked. You might be willing to sell your favourite motor bike, or have a garage sale and get rid of some of your sporting equipment or collectibles. You [...]
When it comes to debt, it is important to understand the difference between secured debt and unsecured debt. There are many financial myths surrounding different areas of money, and it is important to recognize that not all debt is the same — and not all debt has to be repaid the same way. Secured Debt [...]
Many Canadians are optimistic about when they will be out of debt, but the numbers might tell a different story. A poll issued today by CIBC indicates that Canadians carry debt for longer than they expect, in spite of predictions that they will be out of debt by the age of 55. Carrying Debt Into [...]
When it comes to paying down debt, you need a good strategy. Without a plan, your efforts to pay off debt can fall flat, and it can take quite a long time to realize your goal of getting rid of debt. One of the strategies that you can employ to pay off your debt is [...]
The Canadian economy was not hit as hard as the U.S. economy by the financial crisis and global economic slowdown. As a result of that, the Bank of Canada has been adopting a policy that is more focused on keeping inflation under control as the economy grows. One of the ways this is accomplished is [...]
Two of the most difficult financial situations that you are likely to face include debt and divorce. When the two are combined, it can become quite difficult to keep perspective. When it comes time to divorce, it is apparent that the division of debt — and who is responsible for it — is a big [...]
Many of us want to pay down credit card debt. Getting rid of debt is empowering, providing a strong emotion boost, as well as relief from the anxiety that comes with being burdened by debt. Plus, when you are free of credit card debt, you have more money to spend on other things — things [...]
- Consumer Debt At All Time High November 29, 2012
- When in Doubt, Use Your Credit Card November 26, 2012
- Christmas Becomes A High-Tech Holiday November 20, 2012
- Customized Rewards with the New American Express Choice Cards November 15, 2012
- Credit Education – Start With the Basics October 8, 2012
- Win a Free Sony Reader WiFi February 21, 2012
- SonyCard Promo: Free Sony Reader WiFi February 15, 2012
- Debit Cards Are No Replacement for Credit Cards November 9, 2010
- Top 10 Credit Card Myths Dispelled [Infographic] May 27, 2011
- The House That Credit Card Rewards Built [Infographic] January 10, 2012
- Bryan Jaskolka: Such a timely article, with Financial Literacy Mon...
- sherry: I think its should be ok The statement about naked...
- Whitney: I like #4. Sticking to the plan is the whole poin...
- Rich@MoneyWisePastor.com: It's never been easier or cheaper to start your ow...
- Janet Hutchins: I think many consumers are understanding when they...