One of the best ways to learn about money management is to visit some of the web sites devoted to helping you learn financial concepts. You can also take several fun quizzes to help you assess your money smarts, as well as learn important concepts.
If you’re going to learn about money, you might as well make it fun. Here are 4 great money web sites, and 5 fun quizzes that can help you learn about money management:
Money Management Web Sites
These web sites include various tools, tips and activities to help you learn about money. Many of them also include helpful hints on teaching children about money:
- Credit Card Education Centre: I do want to include our education centre. It offers information on teaching teens about responsible credit card use, and includes a financial responsibility pledge that your teen can sign.
- Financial Consumer Agency of Canada: Canada’s Financial Consumer Agency offers some great tools and resources on money management. You can find calculators, advice, and helpful hints. There’s even a section on your rights as a consumer.
- Choose to Save: This site offers some helpful hints on saving money for the future. You can see calculators, fun PSAs, and see research and survey results. An interesting place to learn more about preparing for your future. The Ballpark Estimate is also very helpful in getting a general idea of what it might take to enjoy a comfortable retirement.
- The Mint: This site offers great ideas for children to learn about money. Includes helpful hints for parents and teachers, as well as a number of other activities and resources.
Money Management Quizzes
Want to learn about your money style? Find out how well you manage money — and what you can do to improve — with the help of these quizzes:
- The Ultimate Money Test: This is a fun and sassy quiz that measures your attitudes toward money, and matches them with your past practices. A fun way to figure out where you can improve with your money.
- The Money Smart Quiz Show: Answer the questions correctly, and you can get out of debt! A fun way to see how your knowledge of how money works can affect what you have.
- Your Money Style Quiz: Find out your money style! This quiz can help you learn more about you and the way you spend money.
- Money Quiz: NPR offers a great quiz to help you test your financial know-how. It tests general knowledge about basic financial concepts that confront when planning for different life events.
What are your favorite money management web sites and quizzes?